Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Next Ten Years

It is almost ten years to the day that things began to unravel for me. By now I was supposed to be married with a family, possibly working in academia after obtaining my PhD in History from one of several prominent east coast grad schools I was applying to...none of that happened and the true tale is too long to go into here.

I've come to accept things as they are and now some ten years later I'm moving forward with my life and pledging to myself to become the man I was meant to.

In the next ten years...

- I will work to become the best man I can, to attract the woman of my dreams/future wife.

- Be a loving and supportive husband and one day a father whom my future children will be proud of.

- Live a lifestyle that promotes and maintains my overall health.

- Show more appreciation for my family and friends.

- Surround myself with a core of friends who share my general values but accept and appreciate our differences.

- Strengthen the bond with my extended family and be there for them when they need me, as family and as a friend.

- Better express my feelings towards those people I care about.

- Develope my writing craft and boldly write what is in my heart.

- Finish my first screenplay to honor its subjects, a mother and son, whom I've come to love as if they were family. To share their story with the world.

- To make a differnce in the lives of those less fortunate than myself, especially children.

- Find my place in the world, both physically and spiritually, and do my best to leave it better than I found it.

- Live my life in a way that would make my relatives, those who have gone before me and this still with us, proud.


Decori decus addit avito

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice message Bill, best of luck.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Lief said...

Je Pense Plus.
Had to look up the Decori decus addit avito bit...found it here on the Erskine Clan page on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Erskine

Go for it.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger William A. Smith said...

The moment I read Decori decus addit avito I knew that it and the Erskine crest was the first tattoo I wanted.

On the chest over my heart...can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home