Wednesday, September 13, 2006

For shame MTV

Ok I'll admit I'm probably no longer in their target audience...and I'm over the fact that MTV or Music Television doesn't actually play music videos any more, atleast not any meaningful amount as far as I can tell. To be truthful we parted ways many a year ago and I have to give them some credit for staying afloat in an era where popular music is as bad as I thought was possible.

I'll say it for all to hear... If MTV would combine two of their shows they would win me back YESTERDAY!

Tonight while flipping channels I happened upon Punk'D, the show where Demi Moore's hubby/Boytoy pranks celebs on their own over the top version of candid camera. A bit tired but is good for a mindless chuckle or two.

And then I saw it...The logical destination for Punk'D, a show that screams "Punk'D marry me !!"...not sure of the name but MTV also has a show where kids who are just about to turn 16 throw a tantrum to their parents and whoever else is around/at their service. These aren't just your normal everyday kids, no these are the pampered mega-rich who demand just the right car, and the most outrageous, over the top sweet sixteen party to make them the envy of all their friends.

Oh MTV what do we have to do to bring these shows together and give these sweet sixteen year olds a birthday they will never forget? :)

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Lief said...

You and dooce are thinking along the same lines eh?
http://www.dooce.com/archives/nubbin/09_08_2006.html

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger William A. Smith said...

It is like driving past your favorite shop and seeing how bad the new owners have treated her.

Perhaps MTV was never good, but I fondly remember waiting up to see world premier videos, the hype around the "Thriller" video. It giving new groups like U2 a shot and so on.

Now i'm not sure what its purpose is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home