Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tour De WTF

I'm trying to give Floyd Landis the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty... I still have admiration for all those who punish their bodies on the three week tour, however I'm just tired of all the bullshit, I sincerely hope Landis' test comes back a false positive, but if he is guilty then I wish he would be man enough to come out and admit to it. Enough with all the excuses, it would do my heart a tiny bit of good for one of these cheaters to come out with a sincere apology.

In baseball so many are willing to look past the obvious and play up the accomplishments without as much as an acknowledgement that they were gained outside the spirit and/or laws governing society/sports.

I keep thinking of those lyrics... "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio...."

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Lief said...

"What's that ya say, Mrs Robinson, Joltin Joe has left and gone away."

That is what will happen to my confidence in the highest level of sport if he does come out to be doping.

I am skeptical of authorities and none so much as the international cycling authorities. They basically burned the two pre-race favorites before the race because someone said their name in the same sentence as something about doping in spain. No trial, no confirmation, just "substantiated" hearsay.

As much as I detest someone breaking the rules, they eventually get what they deserve.
I REALLY detest someone never even being given the chance to deserve what they get because authorities decide otherwise on circumstantial evidence.

I am all for Landis, and like you say; If he did it, admit it. That is what we teach our children. Why should our athletes and politicians be any different.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger William A. Smith said...

It is a sad state of affairs, I just saw that Landis' "B" sample came back positive...very sad. I still would like to hear more from his camp, but I suspect this will now transform into a battle over legal technicalities and proper proceedure.

As for the politicians...don't even get me started...I'm trying like hell to not vent like a mad man about what is going on in the middle east currently and the lack of leadership shown across the board by politicians stateside.

I say put THEM on bikes in the middle of summer in france and make them peddle their sorry asses for three weeks...just think GWB on a bike, in France...instant classic :)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Amboy Observer said...

I guess this makes Armstrong's accomplishments all the more impressive. Winning all those times with no positives, right?
Wonder when it will happen next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home