Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Life Lesson #4

Perhaps sometimes it is best to treat oneself as you would a tough cut of meat you wish to tenderize through BBQ, heat it low and slow.

Yesterday during my workout I developed a bit of a stitch in my back, nothing serious, I was just having a hard time loosening it up. Before bed I decided applying treatment via a heating pad sounded good.

It felt so good I decided on medium-high until i felt sleepy and then I'd turn it down to low or off. Three-Thirty in the morning I wake up massively overheating, of course forgetting that heat makes me ultra-sleepy. I make it back to sleep seemingly non the worse for wear, some weird dreams but what else is new.

So I get up and as I prepare for my workout I discovered a nice blistering of the skin in the area where the heating pad was....Nicely done William!

p.s. The workout went great.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Lief said...

Bloody hell!
Is the stitch in your back gone then?
Damn well better be.

or did it just turn into a blister?

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger William A. Smith said...

The stitch is for the most part is gone, they usually last a day or so.

The blister broke right before my workout this morning...stung for a bit but I'll live. Just one of those times I have to laugh at myself.

I remembered two other "life lessons" tonight... 1.) The time I found out for sure that even though my skin is darker than most,I can in fact burn and burn rather badly...I turned purple.

2.) The previously mentioned girl...When we moved back to Pullman she was at my first baseball game and I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Time for infield practice and coach hit me a grounder that I never saw, was too busy glancing at her and of course it got me right where my cup was supposed to be, if I would have remembered to put it in.

it's good I can laugh about it now.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Amboy Observer said...

Ouch. Ouch! OUCH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home