Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Phase 2 begins

I have no complaints on how my exercise and diet is going...as a new week (4) begins I am cranking up the intensity of my workouts. On the 3 days I lift, after I do the four round circuit I will spend a couple of sets hitting more specific areas such as biceps, triceps, chest and back twice a week and in between those days I am sandwiching an intense session to target my quads, calves and hammies...should be fun. The 3 other days I do cardio I will be supplementing the additional Abs workout that I have been doing. I anticipate the first week will be tough and I'll be sore but I'm excited to see where this takes me.

It is hard to explain the change in me, a switch went off back in 2004 and as I get closer and closer to my goal the intensity of these feelings grows stronger. The closest I can explain it as is that feeling I used to get as a kid when I took the mound to pitch...the moment I stepped on the mound I KNEW I would win and that you couldn't touch me....in this "game" The end game is already written and now I just need to work hard each day to realize that day for myself as soon as possible...and I am excited for you to meet that new man, I get glimpses and it amazes me.

I am learning to let go of my regrets from the past and focus on what my future holds...that is big for me, I've kicked myself a million times for not asking that certain girl out or one of other countless things I would change... but with this new body/life comes a new future....sorry to be getting all "Tony Robbins" on you, but one last thing that even Tony would be proud of....my new mantra, it came to me as I walked last night..."My health is the foundation of a new and prosperous life".

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the mantra. I am wondering if there isn´t a bit of a subliminal message in paragraph one since you use "sandwiching, calves and hamnmies" , hee hee hee. Re Billy Smith. You do have to give us a break. It is tough to teach an old dog new tricks and there have been a lot of name changes in this family you have to admit. You must admit also that it´s nothing personal, in fact, Billy Smith is far preferable to Pooh Bear. I would think someone living with Sissy Boom would thank his lucky stars every day!!!!! Hee hee. Besides, a rose by any other name.....
signed, Moi, Princess poo poo, Moose, rattlesnake, and those are the ones I can print.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home