Thursday, December 15, 2005

And so week 3 begins...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My workout program is going well. I actually used my free weights for most of the lifts today, which is a minor miracle in and of itself. I hurt my left shoulder pretty severely this summer and while it is still not 100%, it is good enough to sustain more and more weight as time goes on.

As I went through the workout today my mind went back to those first days when I was just starting this program back in 2004. How I was physically not able to do the beginning workout without assistance of a chair and on most movements I flat out couldn't do them so I modified them to what I could do....now, while I'm far from perfect, I'm rockin' the advanced workout and I am starting to see who I will be one day soon physically...feels great.

The other night on my walk with Button we went about 3 miles and on the way back I jogged every other block, it feels like I've discovered a new toy and I want to play with it 24/7. My goal is to to a sprint triathlon this coming summer, it is something I've dreamt of doing most of my life and I will cross that finish line in 2006.

Well that is all for now on the health front.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Lief said...

Will,
The part where you describe this as having found a new toy that you can't wait to play with really rings true. I think everyone can relate to that analogy and really feel and understand the giddyness and emphasis this has in your life.
Keep going man!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Amboy Observer said...

You are doing it. You looked really great yesterday. Your effort is paying off already.
Let me know when the triathalon is. I'll be there to cheer you on.
You have to come down here sometime too. You can train on our hilly terrain. And we can go on some neat walks near St. Helens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home